It’s a bullet sort of post, because I like that sort of thing.
- The Grace of Kings, by Ken Liu (currently reading)
- The Way of Kings, and the whole of the Stormlight Archives series, by Brandon Sanderson,
- Prince Lestat, and catch up on the rest of the the Vampire Chronicles, by Anne Rice
- Sword of Destiny, and the rest of the Witcher series, by Andrej Sapkowski
- Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo
- The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova
- Middlemarch, by George Eliot
- Vanity Fair, by William Makepeace Thackeray
- Bleak House, by Charles Dickens
- Finish Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Stories (4 down, 6 more to go. And have you seen the Netflix series of this? It was amazing!)
- Finish the current nanowrimo “novella” rewrites and edit.
- Start novella #3 of my novella series. There isn’t a title for them, but they are of the vampire paranormal urban fantasy persuasion. Two novellas down, and I still have yet to even get to begin the story I want to write. Backstory, much? This is more of an enjoyment piece for me, rather than something serious. Honing the craft, as it were.
- Restart one of my fantasy WIPs. I’m leaning toward the epic one, but it’s such a big endeavor, and I confess that the scope of it is intimidating me. I have yet to complete worldbuilding, let alone the plot is still being reworked. I began this story about ten years ago, and have currently settled into this “form” of it for seven years now. Actually, I created the digital worldbuilding “notebook” for it exactly six years ago…to the day! So weird! Obviously, I haven’t worked on it in a while… -.-
- …Playing catch up to all the blogs and all the reading. I’d really like to have some sort of blogging schedule, but I’m plagued by not having the content. It’s so much easier to gripe and complain (which I do elsewhere) and then read everyone else’s blog, than to come up with something original.
But I will work on it.
- I’m finally participating in Bethany Jenning’s #WIPjoy this month! I nearly forgot until I saw the hashtags all over my twitter list of Awesome Writers. I’ve also joined in JM Sullivan’s #authorconfessions this month as well. So if you’d like, join me over on Twitter! It’s never too late to catch up and participate in the fun! At the end of the month, I’ll post up all the answers from the hashtags here.
- …And lastly, I’m waiting for inspiration to strike. And for someone to do the dishes.