A month and a half later, I finally feel sprite enough to blog here. I was Liebstered by the lovable and talented Nicole from ThoughtsStainedWithInk. She is undoubtedly one of the most charming and warm-hearted people I’ve ever “met” online!
As a side note: Sorry for the extended absence; to make a long story short, I’ve just not been feeling it. I’ve been meandering through my editing and transfers, binging on reading, but not feeling motivated at all.
So here we go with the Liebster!
Here are the rules:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate up to 11 bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
Bonus Rule, added by yours truly: wonder about the significance surrounding the number 11.
A bit hard to come up with some more facts about myself from the previous Liebster, but I will try!
- I am a cat person. But I am not addicted or drawn to kitten pictures. I love all animals, but cats are my familiar-of-choice.
- Final Fantasy XII is my favorite game story. IX and VII are my other two favorites. VIII and X, not so much. And this new XV? Ehhh…! Sims, well, that’s a given. Been playing that one since its inception 16 years ago D:
- Pierogies and mashed potatoes are my comfort foods. And mozzarella strings.
- Vodka is my drink of choice. It goes with everything (except milk. I hate milk).
- I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, 1 cup of tea in the afternoon, and 1 in the evening.
- I was once very tech and code savvy, but now I am just the old fart who is clueless about new tech. My 9 year old now knows more than I do.
- I am allergic to chicken, turkey, basically any fowl and white fish. It’s an allergy to the chemical makeup of specific fats. It’s surprising how much chicken products are in foods (broth, fat, etc.). This allergy only began affecting me in my early 20s and it took quite a long and painful while before I self-diagnosed it. I get violent gastrointestinal pains which worsen with every attack, but luckily, I’ve weeded out most everything that triggers this attack. Eating out is a gamble — but luckily, I love cooking! I also cannot eat anything with processed/synthetic sugar (diet/no sugar foods, gum, etc.) as that also gives me gastrointestinal pain.
- I love architecture. I would have pursued that field if the engineering aspect didn’t scare me away.
- I cross my sevens and z’s.
- I stay barefoot (indoors) year-round.
- I am loathe to the Twilight and 50 Shades following.
I hope that was a little interesting!
Now, on to Nicole’s questions; these are a bit tough!
If you could choose one author to be your best friend (we’re talking giggling at sleepovers and having brunch on Sundays to talk about the latest tabloids kind of best friend), who would you choose and why?
An author as a best friend? Unfortunately, my pick is deceased. But I think Hunter S would have been an obscenely memorable friend. If you know me, you know that I consider him one of the most brilliant writers of our time.
Favorite kind of cheese?
Oh my. Can I just lay out a top 5? Swiss (imported — the stinkier and sour-er, the better). Feta. Mozzarella. Pecorino. Bleu. Neufchatel. I never said I was good at math. Cottage cheese is the only cheese I’ll pass on.
This is a choose-your-own-adventure kind of question. Path A: What book series should be adapted into a video game and why (I’m thinking a la Witcher here)? Path B: If you don’t play video games and thus can’t travel down Path A, please tell me how you function without such soul-sucking enjoyment in your life?
This is a fantastic question! And of course, my quick response would be Dinotopia. On second thought, though I love the books, it would probably wind up being a video game much like Myst. *shudder* So on second thought, I really enjoyed Rothfuss’ Name of the Wind. Schools of Magic in a dark setting, not like HP? Cities on cliffs and haunted taverns? Why not?
If it were my birthday and you were buying me a puppy, what kind of puppy would you get me (pictures preferred)?
Aw, it would depend on what you prefer! Small, medium, or large? I would totally get you a Papillon for the small breed, a Brittany Spaniel for the medium breed, and a Belgian Sheepdog/King Shepherd for the large breed.
What are you most excited about writing wise right now?
Ah. As mentioned before, my writing is currently facing the doldrums of uninspiration. I am excited about getting back into the groove of writing, though, wherever that groove may be! Hopefully, this will be sooner rather than later.
What is the plot of the ultimate dream story you want to write (or have written or are too afraid to write)?
Yes! I have a plot that has been “in the works” for nearly ten years now. It’s been started about 4-5 times now, has undergone 4-5 plot changes, and it’s basically a story about how an alternate dimension/entity manipulates reality. It’s a theme that I’ve noticed in many of my stories. I loathed my MC for a long time, cussed at him for being so damn lame, then transformed him to becoming somewhat up to his role. But he’s still not up to par.
How do you plan to better the world?
By being kind and honest. I’m not so ambitious as to lead or organize any kind of “movement” per se, but I think by encouraging, supporting, and loving those I know, I can better those around me, and in turn, they may better those they know, too. I like subtleties.
What “rule” do you break in writing (purposefully or otherwise)?
Erm… I make up words? Sometimes. I’m a bit of a rule-follower, at least when it comes to grammar — I guess not so much in vocabulary (note: “uninspiration,” or “sour-er”).
Which fictional characters make you question whether you’re actually fictosexual, i.e., who can I swoon over? (Also, adapted this one from R.K. and I don’t apologize for it).
Fictosexual, you say? This is a tough one. I can’t say I’ve ever swooned over a fictional character before. The closest a character ever came to me getting “emotionally involved” with would be Le Stat, at least in the beginning of the series. By book 3, I was merely amused by his antics.
What fictional language do you wish was actually commonplace?
The closest fictional language that mildly interested me would be Tolkien’s elvish, as far as I can think of. Liv Tyler made it sound magical. I will say that I wish Latin was more of a common language than a dead one though!
Lurtz (see below if you’re not on a first name basis) is about to kill you. What do you do?
Oh dear. I’m not a fighter!! So I would obviously run away in something of an erratic manner. Or… yeah, I would just run like the coward I am!
Now, eleven questions to the lovely tagged folks? I’ll tag those of you who are interested in this questionnaire! I’ll make them simple, because I’m just nosey like that.
1. Would you rather win $10 million, or get a check for $1,000 a week until you kick the bucket? Winning either is guaranteed.
2. Country living, or city living?
3. What is blasting out of your car stereo when you’re driving down the highway? Or, if you don’t drive, what type of music is ringing in your ears on a good day?
4. Do you play any musical instruments?
5. Do you have any siblings? Has that positively or negatively affected your perspective on relationships?
6. Are we an early-to-bed-early-to-rise person, or a go-to-bed-at-dawn-because-I-have-a-lot-of-stuff-to-do person?
7. What is your favorite video game? One that you can play over and over and it’s fun every single time? Or are those days over for you like they are for me -.-
8. Do you like seafood?
9. Truthfully: did you enjoy English class before the age of fifteen? Did you even like school back then?
10. Have you tried writing in the morning versus writing at night experiment, and what were your results? When do you feel most inspired?
11. What is your zodiac sign?
You can reply in the comments, or make a post, or just say nothing at all! Either way, I’m still here.