I was a little MIA this week, but I hope these links make up for my absence!
- Writer Musings: What to Do With Thoughts Should direct thoughts and/or internal monologue be italicized?
- Paranormal Point of View: Embracing the Dark Side… of Character Real people are flawed. Don’t roll your eyes at me and say, “yeah, I’ve heard it.” Because maybe you haven’t heard it like this…
- The Kung Fu Panda Guide to Writing Action Scenes Fight scenes, chase scenes, and other action extravaganzas appear in stories of every genre, so consider the following to make sure yours are legendary
- World Building: Don’t Do It! | The Creative Penn Stop trying to world build on your own. Instead, let someone else build your world for you.
- Creative Writing | Fun vs. Work | Writing Forward How much fun are you allowed to have, and just how much work must you do to turn your passion into a full-time job?
- 3 Reasons Action is Important, 3 Reasons It’s Not | A. Victoria Mixon, Editor You know how everyone’s always telling you “Show, Don’t Tell”? Well, that means “Write Scenes, Not Exposition.”
- Katie Ganshert: Are You Growing? I came up with three tips to help me along, to stay on track.
- Black Gate » Maps and World-Building A review of the variety of maps found in literature.
- The Other Side of the Story: A Closer Look: Studying Books You Love How I Analyzed the Differences Between My First Chapter and My Favorite Best-Selling Author’s.
- How to keep tension through the middle. – Laura Pauling Good advice on keeping your middle flowing – and I mean middle of your novel, not your midsection!
- 10 Rules for Writing Numbers and Numerals We all need a refresher on this because frankly, I always forget.
- Rachelle Gardner, Literary Agent: What’s in a Publishing Contract? A brief overview of some of the important contract clauses.
- 4 Types of Reference Books You Didn’t Know You Need
- 25+ Pieces of Writing Software You Should Know About
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders – Self-Test in Proofreading