Articles that I’ve read this week that offered new information and a fresh perspective on writing.
- 4 Advantages of Re-Reading
An essential activity for a writer.
- Synopsis Example: ”Ransom” (Thriller)
- 10 Actions You Can Take to Improve Your Proofreading
“Randall has ten top tips for writers on how they can improve their proofreading skills to create better, more professional-looking documents.”
- The Other Side of the Story: Get Back! Working Backward to Flesh Out Your Plot
A very good post on plot and your story’s structure.
- A Newbies Guide to Publishing: Why You Wont Succeed
“Ebooks aren’t a straight path to fortune and fame. I never said they were. But I have said, repeatedly, that writers are better off self-publishing than going through a legacy publisher. In the long run, you’ll make more money, and sell more books. However…”
- Write with Personality
A curious and informative approach to writers and their work. Spent a few hours perusing her blog!
“Borrowed” from Andrea Wenger’s (see previous link) blog. Here’s an example of the neat graphic it comes up with from the first segment of my first chapter:
What RSS feed reader do you use?